44 seconds ago
Buffalo Chickpeas with Roasted Garlic Couscous & Raw Cucumber:
my Buffalo Chickpeas making their official debut 🔥 Huge shout out to this dish for always being ridiculously delicious & ridiculously easy to make on nights when I get home late and need to make something quick! 🕗 The only thing better than something that’s the perfect combination of extremely easy & extremely yummy, is when it makes enough for lunch the next day! 😋
🌶 Buffalo Chickpeas:
* 1 Can of Chickpeas – Rinsed & Strained
* Olive Oil/Any oil of your choice! (One of my short-term goals is to start using coconut!)
* Frank’s Red Hot 🔥
* Garlic Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper, Black Pepper
* Coat the bottom of a sauce pan with olive oil. Throw the entire can of chickpeas in, and immediately add the hot sauce & spices. Mix thoroughly & cook on medium heat until you like the consistency and the hot sauce really cooks through.
🌾 Roasted Garlic Couscous:
* I usually use a box of Earthly Grains couscous from aldiusa . It’s delicious & ridiculously easy to make! All you need to do is boil 1 ¼ cup of water with the seasoning packet inside the box. Once the water comes to a boil, add the dry couscous, mix well, take off the heat, & cover for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork & you’re ready to serve!
🌱 I always try to add some green to this dish – not only does it add extra vitamins and nutrients, but a little bit of color also feeds the soul 🌈
* In this case, I just had some strips of fresh, raw cucumber 🥒 Not only are cucumbers high in nutrients like Vitamin C & K, but they’re also filled with antioxidants! Not to mention they’re mostly water.. it’s never a bad time to maintain hydration 💧
Dinner VeggiesForDinner BuffaloChickPeas FranksRedHot Chickpeas ChickpeasAreLife Couscous RoastedGarlic EarthlyGrains Vitamins Nutrients Cucumbers HealthyEating VegetarianFood VeganFood CleanEating KeepItSimple SimpleIsBetter FoodBlogger VeggieBlogger VeganFoodShare TheFeedFeed Spicy CrueltyFree EatMorePlants PlantBased