WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We are just like you safe inside, doing our part to make sure to flatten the curve of COVID-19. But this does not mean we sit still and not take action. We want to introduce you to #coronactivism. We are happy to launch our first online action and hope you will participate!
Last November we released an investigation video where whistleblowers discovered horrible conditions and unacceptable suffering in the last foie gras farm of Flanders. We asked our government for help, but nothing was done. We could not sit back and move on, knowing how many ducks and geese are suffering behind closed doors. We took power in our own hands, occupied the farm, locked down a supermarket and demanded our government to #banfoiegrasinbelgium. Because suffering shouldn't be a choice and products made out of cruelty should not be sold in our supermarkets.
A promise was made by our government to sit down and have a conversation with our minister of animal welfare Ben Weyts. Months have passed, no action has been taken, no meeting has taken place. It turns out their promises were just empty words with no meaning.
We won't let them silence us, we won't accept not being heard, but we need your help!
- Download this picture below. (printable version in the comments)
- Print it out on paper or show it on your tablet/phone and take a picture with it.
- Share it on your social media. (Facebook and Instagram)
- Tag Ben Weyts, the minster of animal welfare in Belgium.
- Use the hashtag #banfoiegrasinbelgium.
- Send us your picture.
- Share, invite and ask your friends to do the same!
Let our government know you care and that you support our demand and ask Ben Weyts to start the conversation with us.