I do these rehabs moves daily alongside cycling, upper body work and pool rehab. It’s 10 weeks post op now.
IT IS VITAL TO KEEP MOVING AND REHABBING AFTER AN OPERATION!
These are just a few examples, I also do glute activation work, single leg deadlifts, TRX Squats and very light leg press.
1. Isometric squats against the wall - 1 minute x 4 sets
2. Isometric leg extension holds - 10 secs x 10 x 4 sets
3. Glute bridges, squeezing a ball in between the knees 10 x 4 sets
4. Adductor holds - 30 seconds x 4 sets
5. Single leg calf raises 10 x 4 sets
6. Bent knee step throughs 10 x 4 sets
7. Single leg step overs 10 x 4 sets
8. Hurdle walk overs 5 x 4 sets
I’m adding weight and different exercises weekly too. I split my main leg exercises/rehab exercises up on to different days so I don’t overtrain the muscles.
#rehab #kneereplacement #training #recovery #gettingstronger #keepgoing