the best recipe i have made yet.... 100% family LOVED...lemon bars!!!🍋
honestly my sister and dad ate sooo picky but THESE lemon bars are a different story. i promise they love them!! the crispy bottom topped with a sweet and sour lemon spread is the perfect combo to eat any time of the day. also i love keeping it in the freezer! the base is extremely similar to my homemade graham crackers and the lemon topping makes a perfect combo so i highly recommend you guys try it!!
oven at 350
1. first you need 3/4 cup of oat flour (i just grinded up oats), 3tbsp coconut flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp baking soda, and a sprinkle of salt mixed together.
2. in a separate bowl mix 2 tbsp melted coconut oil, 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey, 3/4 tsp vanilla
3. pour wet ingredients into dry and fold together
4. add a little water into the dough to make a little stickier and fold
5. put dough on parchment on a baking sheet and flatten (will be a little crumbly maybe but wet your fingers with water to help dough consistency and spreading it out pretty thin with no gaps)
6. use a knife to make grooves in the dough so it can be broken easily after cooking
7. place in oven for 11 mins at 350 degrees
8. take out of oven and take parchment off baking sheet to let cool. won’t be crispy when you take it out but will crispen as it cools
1. get 2 tbsp lemon zest from the outside of a lemon and set aside
2. take the juice from one lemon and 1/4 cup sugar (i used a 1/8 cup coconut and a 1/8 cup white sugar) and stir in a pot until dissolved
3. turn off heat when dissolved and in a bowl beat one egg and then add in the dissolved mixture.
4. beat for 2 mins
5. then put the egg, sugar, and lemon juice mixture back in the pot and add the 2 tbsp zest
6. gently stir until it thickens which might take about 3-4 minutes
- put the lemon topping in a bowl and put in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to cool a little bit
- then gently break or cut apart the crust and spread the lemon over it!
- might be a little crumbly but different sizes are perfectly fine!! i hope you try this and hope you enjoy! 🍋🌼💞🌸