Hey everyone! For today I have a pasta, that is almost completely vegan, and full of protein! The sauce is made with a special ingredient: tofu!
1. Mince seven cloves of garlic, and sauté in a large pan until golden brown. Then add in 3/4 cup of white wine, and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Into a blender, add a package of firm tofu (or silken if you prefer a sauce that isn’t as thick), 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese/nutritional yeast, and salt to taste (about 1.5 tsp). Blend, and add in about 1/4 cup of milk over the course of blending, just to allow the tofu to blend more easily and so the sauce isn’t too thick.
3. Add the blender mixture into the pan with the wine and stir. Add in another 1/4 cup white wine, and allow to simmer another 10 minutes.
4. For spices, add in 1.5-2 tsp dried sage, 1 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp lemon pepper, and 1.5-2 tsp of dried basil. More salt can be added if needed.
5. For the mushrooms: sauté about 1/6 an onion in a skillet, for four minutes. Add the mushrooms, as well as some black pepper, salt, and sage. Some parsley can be added as well. After about 10 minutes, the mushrooms should be cooked.
6. Add the pasta to the sauce, and add pasta water to the sauce if needed until it’s at the desired consistency. Serve with mushrooms over the pasta.